1. In a large stock pot, bring 4 cups of water with the shitake mushrooms to a boil.
2. Once boiling, turn off heat cover and allow mushrooms to steep until softened (30 min.).
3. Remove mushrooms, slice thin.
4. Strain liquid with a coffee filter to remove any sand or impurities from the mushrooms and reserve the broth.
5. In a large stock pot sauté the lemongrass, ginger, garlic and chili paste in the sesame oil for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
6. Add mushrooms and snow peas and sauté 2-3 minutes longer.
7. Add chicken broth, mushroom broth and soy sauce.
8. Simmer for 20 minutes on low heat.
9. In a separate pot cook noodles as directed on the package.
10. Add to noodles, lime juice and cilantro to soup when you are ready to serve.
– 4 cups water, for mushroom broth
– 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
– 1 tbsp cilantro, minced
– ½ cup snow peas, sliced thin
– 1 pkg. Ramen Noodles
– 1 cup chicken broth
– 2 tbsp lemongrass, minced
– 1 tbsp sesame oil
– 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
– 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
– 2 tsp chili paste
– 1 ½ cup dried shitake mushrooms, (10-12) sliced thin
– 2 tbsp soy sauce