1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In a
large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
3. Add the lemon zest and eggs, one at a time.
4. Add the liqueur or brandy.
5. In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, cornmeal and salt until blended.
6. Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients until a soft dough forms.
7. Fold in pistachios and almonds.
8. Using parchment paper or wax paper, shape the dough into a log, approximately 3-4” wide and 10-12” in length.
9. On a sheet pan lined with parchment or lightly greased, bake for 30 minutes.
10. Remove the pan from the oven to a cooling rack.
11. Reduce oven temp to 275°, and allow log to cool for 15 minutes.
12. Remove log from parchment, and cut with a serrated knife into ¾” pieces.
13. Place the pieces cut down back onto the parchment paper.
14. Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until dry and firm to the touch.
Drizzle the biscotti with melted white chocolate or dip the ends in dark or milk
chocolate, roll in crushed nuts and cool on a cookie sheet.
Cook Time: 1 hour
¼ cup butter - ½ cup of sugar - 2 eggs - zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
- 1 ½ cup self rising flour - 2 teaspoons baking powder - ½ cup cornmeal flour - 1/8 teaspoon salt - 2 teaspoons orange
flavored liqueur or brandy - ½ cup pistachios - 1/3 cup whole un-blanched almonds
Prep Time: 30 minutes