Banana Nut Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl,
stir together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
Add the eggs
and oil and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened; do not beat.
Stir in the banana, pecans, and vanilla. Divide the batter among the prepared
pans and bake for 23 to 28 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the
center comes out clean.
Cool the cake layers in the pans for 10 minutes, and
then turn them out onto a rack to cool completely. While the cake cools, make
In a bowl, blend together the cream cheese and butter.
Gradually add the
confectioners' sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
Beat in the vanilla.
Stir in the pecans, or reserve them to sprinkle over the frosted cake.
and frost the cake when it is completely cool.
- Butter, for greasing pans
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pans
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), at room temperature
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans